Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Problem with VSE subwoofer install (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7889)

cks20 04-07-2012 12:04 PM

Problem with VSE subwoofer install

I am trying to install a VSE subwoofer into a 2007 Scion TC. It seems the connector on the supplied wiring harness is slightly different than the original one that fits into the radio - can I just trim some of the 'tabs' from the bottom of the supplied connector or am I asking for trouble?

cks20 04-08-2012 04:33 PM

Re: Problem with VSE subwoofer install

OK, I traced the harness from end to end and decided to trim the 'tabs' (actually 'ribs') from the bottom of the wiring harness connector to make it fit into the radio. Everything powered up OK, but, the sub only works when the balance is set to the passenger side - it is silent when the balance is set to the drivers side. The green LED comes on with the Key, I am getting high level AC from both channels at the sub end of the wiring harness (pins 5+12 and pins 6+13), and both voice coils of the driver are around 2 ohms. I have had the driver connected both ways (swapping one set of leads for the other) with the same results. Where do I go form here?

cks20 04-08-2012 04:37 PM

BTW - I have a 2007 Scion TC, the stock radio (built in 2006) and the subwoofer kit:
VSE-SCI-TC-04 - SCION TC Vehicle Specific

Geneh 04-09-2012 09:30 AM

I am showing the same stock Pioneer radio for both the 2006 and 2007. There should not have been any problems. The problem you are having sounds like a phasing issue. If you are getting ac voltage on 5/12 and 6/13 and the voltage is fluctuating with the music. Then one of the sets must be out of phase. You could send me the harness and I could swap one set of the inputs around or you could swap 5 with 12. And see if that is your problem. Contact customer service if you would like us to do it.

cks20 04-12-2012 04:11 PM

Geneh,

Thanks for getting back to me. I should have been more accurate in my description of my problem - the sub works when the balance is set to the right and the center - it does not work when the balance is set to the left. I don't think phasing is the problem as the sub works when the balance is centered. I'm open for any other suggestions.

cks20 04-19-2012 04:23 AM

I am still hoping for some help with this issue. Anybody have any ideas?

Geneh 04-19-2012 06:17 AM

You should have got my PM. Please contact me a 225-272-7135 ext 226

cks20 04-30-2012 08:05 PM

Geneh,

Thanks for discussing the issue I had with the Scion Sub - I discovered there was a bad connection between the internal cable and the amplifier. Things are working fine now.