Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New MBTA10250D rattling after install. (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6556)

Dbjnky 03-19-2011 02:04 PM

New MBTA10250D rattling after install.
 
I hope someone can help. My wife ordered me an MBTA10250D from Amazon for x-mas. Last weekend the weather allowed me to install the sub in our boat. With the seat down all sounds great. I just noticed while cleaning the compartment where the sub is, it makes a horrible rattling noise. When I touch the woofer directly (barely) the noise stops. With the woofer off if I press the dust cap it makes a grinding noise and feels rough. I assume the voice coil is bad but not sure. I haven't even got adjust the gain and see what the woofer will do. Any ideas what to do next?
Thanks,

heavyduty 03-19-2011 05:00 PM

Re: New MBTA10250D rattling after install.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dbjnky (Post 30444)
I hope someone can help. My wife ordered me an MBTA10250D from Amazon for x-mas. Last weekend the weather allowed me to install the sub in our boat. With the seat down all sounds great. I just noticed while cleaning the compartment where the sub is, it makes a horrible rattling noise. When I touch the woofer directly (barely) the noise stops. With the woofer off if I press the dust cap it makes a grinding noise and feels rough. I assume the voice coil is bad but not sure. I haven't even got adjust the gain and see what the woofer will do. Any ideas what to do next?
Thanks,

Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. Give Customer Service a call Monday at 1-800-THE-TUBE. Driver replacement will be covered under warranty since the Tube is less then a year old. Be sure to have the sales receipt on hand. :)47

Dbjnky 03-19-2011 05:19 PM

Re: New MBTA10250D rattling after install.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 30447)
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. Give Customer Service a call Monday at 1-800-THE-TUBE. Driver replacement will be covered under warranty since the Tube is less then a year old. Be sure to have the sales receipt on hand. :)47

Thanks. Are they able to just replace woofer or does the entire unit need to be replaced?

heavyduty 03-19-2011 05:39 PM

Re: New MBTA10250D rattling after install.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dbjnky (Post 30448)
Thanks. Are they able to just replace woofer or does the entire unit need to be replaced?

Only the woofer will need to be replaced. Customer Service will give you all the details concerning the replacement. :)47


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
bazooka.com