Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   HELP with ELA150.1 amplifier (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6056)

Cardo 8 ATL 12-10-2009 04:27 PM

HELP with ELA150.1 amplifier

Hi everyone, I have recently installed a used ELA150.1 amp in my truck.

The wiring came from an old setup so everything was set up properly.

I am getting the red light warning on the amp. I am positive that the wires are connected correctly. Could it be a grounding issue? I've had my setup for about 10 years with almost no problems, but my 10-year old amp died. I am also positive that the old amp was faulty and the connections are in good shap

So after I failed at getting a good connection a few days ago, the following day I started my truck up and the amp worked for about 5 solid minutes. Thought all was good and then it went back to the red light, no output.

I have cleaned my connections on my battery and the fuses are good.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

heavyduty 12-10-2009 05:52 PM

Re: HELP with ELA150.1 amplifier

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardo 8 ATL (Post 28014)
Hi everyone, I have recently installed a used ELA150.1 amp in my truck.

The wiring came from an old setup so everything was set up properly.

I am getting the red light warning on the amp. I am positive that the wires are connected correctly. Could it be a grounding issue? I've had my setup for about 10 years with almost no problems, but my 10-year old amp died. I am also positive that the old amp was faulty and the connections are in good shap

So after I failed at getting a good connection a few days ago, the following day I started my truck up and the amp worked for about 5 solid minutes. Thought all was good and then it went back to the red light, no output.

I have cleaned my connections on my battery and the fuses are good.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Welcome to the Bazooka Forum Cardo 8 ATL. Be sure to check your speaker wires for a direct short. This will turn the amplifier off until the problem is corrected. If you are using High Level Inputs be sure to check these wires as well. Since the red warning light is on, your ground is adequate, however, checking your ground using a multi-meter is never a bad idea when trouble shooting (you should have zero resistance at ground). Please post back with anymore questions you may have. :)47

reghz 12-26-2009 08:43 PM

hello evveryone

I'm new here< and I have a question if i can use the lighter socket of my car as a source to power up my bazooka 10" subwoofer tube? thanks in advance

heavyduty 12-26-2009 08:51 PM

Re: hello evveryone

Quote:

Originally Posted by reghz (Post 28074)
I'm new here< and I have a question if i can use the lighter socket of my car as a source to power up my bazooka 10" subwoofer tube? thanks in advance

Welcome to the Bazooka Forum reghz. Installing a Bazooka properly is always going to ensure the best performance and safest install. If you have a BTAXX100, ELA, or TA850, you can use the FAST Harness and adapter to simplify the install. If you are using any other amplified Bazooka Tube you have to connect to the positive terminal of the battery. Please post back with anymore questions you may have. :)47

reghz 12-28-2009 12:13 AM

Thanks about last tym, I have another question what amphere of fuse should I use in my BTA10100FHC subwoofer tube?

heavyduty 12-28-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reghz (Post 28108)
Thanks about last tym, I have another question what amphere of fuse should I use in my BTA10100FHC subwoofer tube?

You need a 7.5 amp fuse. :)47