Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hook me up! (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Jvc (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5965)

Guzzball 06-03-2009 10:16 PM

Jvc

I have a Jvc kw-xg700 head unit and a Bazooka BTA8100 8" . I need to know how do i install this ? My Jvc kw-xg700 head unit has a sub option on the tuner ??? How or should i tapinto that??? I have the fast harness & the FAST Extension Cable.

Thanks

heavyduty 06-04-2009 06:27 AM

Re: Jvc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzball (Post 27237)
I have a Jvc kw-xg700 head unit and a Bazooka BTA8100 8" . I need to know how do i install this ? My Jvc kw-xg700 head unit has a sub option on the tuner ??? How or should i tapinto that??? I have the fast harness & the FAST Extension Cable.

Thanks

Welcome to the Bazooka Forum Guzzball. The BTA8100 has a built in crossover and subsonic filter, so you do not need to use the sub option on your headunit. Not to mention, it most likely is a Low Level output on the headunit, which would mean that you would not be able to use your FAST harness. I am assuming that you have the FAST-9999 since you do have an aftermarket headunit. Here is how you should install the FAST-9999 with your headunit;

Red: power
Blue/White: remote turn on
Left Front (-): White/Black
Left Front (+): White
Right Front (-): Gray/Black
Right Front (+): Gray

It is best to use the front speakers for your signal. If you do use your fader to adjust the sound, fading from the rear to front will cause a loss of signal. Using the front speakers will prevent this from happening. Please post back with anymore questions you may have. :)47

Guzzball 06-04-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 27239)
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum Guzzball. The BTA8100 has a built in crossover and subsonic filter, so you do not need to use the sub option on your headunit. Not to mention, it most likely is a Low Level output on the headunit, which would mean that you would not be able to use your FAST harness. I am assuming that you have the FAST-9999 since you do have an aftermarket headunit. Here is how you should install the FAST-9999 with your headunit;

Red: power
Blue/White: remote turn on
Left Front (-): White/Black
Left Front (+): White
Right Front (-): Gray/Black
Right Front (+): Gray

It is best to use the front speakers for your signal. If you do use your fader to adjust the sound, fading from the rear to front will cause a loss of signal. Using the front speakers will prevent this from happening. Please post back with anymore questions you may have. :)47

what about the power cord and the fuse??? Were should it go??:read:

heavyduty 06-04-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzball (Post 27241)
what about the power cord and the fuse??? Were should it go??:read:

As posted above, the red wire on the FAST-9999 attaches to the red wire on your headunit. Using the FAST System, requires no seperate power cable or inline fuse, as the 12v is already fused at the automobile's fusebox. Attach the FAST-9999, connect the FAST-BTAH, run the BTAH to the Tube, plug it in, connect the ground and your up and moving. :)47

Guzzball 06-04-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 27242)
As posted above, the red wire on the FAST-9999 attaches to the red wire on your headunit. Using the FAST System, requires no seperate power cable or inline fuse, as the 12v is already fused at the automobile's fusebox. Attach the FAST-9999, connect the FAST-BTAH, run the BTAH to the Tube, plug it in, connect the ground and your up and moving. :)47

Thanks for all your help!!!!

heavyduty 06-04-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzball (Post 27244)
Thanks for all your help!!!!

Your more than welcome Guzzball, this is what the Bazooka Forum is for. If you have anymore questions or run into any snags during the install, please post back. :)47

Guzzball 06-04-2009 12:02 PM

I have no sound coming from the tube????

heavyduty 06-04-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzball (Post 27247)
I have no sound coming from the tube????

Look at the back of the Tube, is the power light on?

Guzzball 06-04-2009 12:08 PM

I have the BTA6200:read:

heavyduty 06-04-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzball (Post 27249)
I have the BTA6200:read:

The BTA6200, or any other model from the BTAXX200 line is not compatiable with the FAST System. You will have to run a seperate power cable and interconnects in order to install the Tube.