Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   FAST-2003 . not right harness (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5659)

NEONNIGHT 03-23-2009 07:31 PM

FAST-2003 . not right harness
 
i have a 2002 grand prix and was told this is the harness i need . after taking the car apart i found that my harness in the car is different .. do they sell a harness that will work for my application :confused: ? please HELP ..

Folgs11 03-23-2009 07:56 PM

Re: FAST-2003 . not right harness
 
How many prongs are in the stereo? Was the harness to small or big?

Kingfish 03-23-2009 08:02 PM

Re: FAST-2003 . not right harness
 
The FAST-9999 is a universal harness that works in almost all cars.

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...UNIVERSAL-P224

NEONNIGHT 03-23-2009 08:09 PM

Re: FAST-2003 . not right harness
 
here is a pic of what i have . its a 20 pin plug. from what i have found on the net they USE to make a harness (bazooka 70-71-1858) but it seems to be discontinued ? i hope not since there is alot of GMs on the road .
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...09/plug006.jpg

NEONNIGHT 03-23-2009 08:11 PM

Re: FAST-2003 . not right harness
 
i seen that but i will have to research what wires are for what in my car harness . also how is this connected to the harness sotch locks ?? I HOPE NOT .
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingfish (Post 26445)
The FAST-9999 is a universal harness that works in almost all cars.

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...UNIVERSAL-P224


heavyduty 03-23-2009 09:59 PM

Re: FAST-2003 . not right harness
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NEONNIGHT (Post 26449)
i seen that but i will have to research what wires are for what in my car harness . also how is this connected to the harness sotch locks ?? I HOPE NOT .

Welcome to the Bazooka Forum neonnight. The FAST-9999 is an extremely easy to use harness. KF has posted a link for the harness, you simply unscrew the ends, place the correct wire into the end, and screw the cap back on. It really is very simple. As for your wires, all you have to do is find a schematic for your wiring harness and it will give you all the correct wires.

FAST-9999 Harness
Red - 12v Power
Blue/White - 12v key/on-key/off
Left Front (-): White/Black
Left Front (+): White
Right Front (-): Gray/Black
Right Front (+): Gray

Factory Harness
12V - orange
Key-on/Key-off -yellow
Left Front Speaker - Tan(+)/Gray(-)
Right Front Speaker - Light Green(+)/Dark Green(-)

This should be all the information you need to complete the install. If you have anymore questions please post back. :)47

heavyduty 03-23-2009 10:05 PM

Re: FAST-2003 . not right harness
 
neonnight, here is a link that you may find useful to help with your install.

http://www.the12volt.com/

If you do not want to get this "in depth" with the installation you can always look for an authorized Bazooka dealer in your area who can do the install for you. Once you find the correct wires install really is not that difficult. A Digital Multi Meter would be a great help, this will help you verify your constant 12v power and switched 12v. Again, if you have any questions or need anymore advice please post back. :)47

NEONNIGHT 03-23-2009 10:20 PM

Re: FAST-2003 . not right harness
 
heavyduty thanks a ton . i am a mechanic by trade so this is not all that hard i just HATE messing up factory harnesses and thought this kit would make it EASY .. since i already have the FAST 2003 harness can i just cut off the smaller pig tail and use that to connect to the factory harness . it seems that is all that the FAST 9999 kit is . if this is correct it will save me alot of time and shipping back and forth to get what i think i already have on the FAST 2003 harness ..

heavyduty 03-23-2009 10:24 PM

Re: FAST-2003 . not right harness
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NEONNIGHT (Post 26453)
heavyduty thanks a ton . i am a mechanic by trade so this is not all that hard i just HATE messing up factory harnesses and thought this kit would make it EASY .. since i already have the FAST 2003 harness can i just cut off the smaller pig tail and use that to connect to the factory harness . it seems that is all that the FAST 9999 kit is . if this is correct it will save me alot of time and shipping back and forth to get what i think i already have on the FAST 2003 harness ..

No problem at all neonnight, this is what the Bazooka Forum is for. Being a mechanic by trade you should be all set. You don't even need to purchase the FAST-9999, so you should be good to go. I'm glad I was able to help, please post back with anymore questions you may have. :)47

NEONNIGHT 03-23-2009 10:28 PM

Re: FAST-2003 . not right harness
 
ok thanks . so all i need to do is use the 6 wire pig tail off the 2003 harness and solider it to my factory radio harness:)146:)47:)144
Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 26454)
No problem at all neonnight, this is what the Bazooka Forum is for. Being a mechanic by trade you should be all set. You don't even need to purchase the FAST-9999, so you should be good to go. I'm glad I was able to help, please post back with anymore questions you may have. :)47



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
bazooka.com