Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/index.php)
-   Amplified Tube Subwoofers (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   FAST-BTAH Add an inline fuse? (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5596)

riptide10x 12-28-2008 02:05 PM

FAST-BTAH Add an inline fuse?

I just got my BTA8100 and am hooking it up with a FAST-2003 T-harness interface adapter for my 2005 Silverado and a FAST-BTAH extension harness. Neither of these rigs have a fuse anywhere in them, but the installation manual for the subwoofer says it's got to have one inline. I'm thinking that since the power is coming through the factory wiring via the radio and fusebox, that it does not need another fuse inline. Also, the power wire in the above mentioned harnesses is quite a bit smaller than the harness supplied with the sub. Is it going to get enough juice through these FAST rigs? This sub is powered by it's own amp so I guess the only real issue is the size of the power supply line and the fuse. I would be thankful for anyone's input on this.

heavyduty 12-28-2008 02:20 PM

Re: FAST-BTAH Add an inline fuse?

Quote:

Originally Posted by riptide10x (Post 25906)
I just got my BTA8100 and am hooking it up with a FAST-2003 T-harness interface adapter for my 2005 Silverado and a FAST-BTAH extension harness. Neither of these rigs have a fuse anywhere in them, but the installation manual for the subwoofer says it's got to have one inline. I'm thinking that since the power is coming through the factory wiring via the radio and fusebox, that it does not need another fuse inline. Also, the power wire in the above mentioned harnesses is quite a bit smaller than the harness supplied with the sub. Is it going to get enough juice through these FAST rigs? This sub is powered by it's own amp so I guess the only real issue is the size of the power supply line and the fuse. I would be thankful for anyone's input on this.

Welcome to the Bazooka Forum ritptide. First, let me say that it is obvious that you have read the owners manual with your BTA8100, and that always helps. Your first question regarding the fuse, when you use the FAST Harness and BTAH Extension Harness, you no longer need to run a seperate power wire, as you have already tapped into the factory harness for your 12v power. However, you will need to increase your factory fuse size by 5 or 10 amps (just check your owners manual to find out what fuse in the fuse box needs to be replaced.) As for the wire size of the BTAH, you do not need to worry, these items are all matched to work perfectly with the BTA8100 Tube. Please post back with anymore questions you may have with regards to the install or placement of the Tube, or anymore questions. You will be quite happy with that Tube after it is installed. :)47

riptide10x 01-01-2009 08:31 AM

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply Heavyduty. This forum is a great help for us less experienced installers. I wish there was something like this for all products, it would make life much easier.

heavyduty 01-01-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riptide10x (Post 25951)
Thanks for the quick and helpful reply Heavyduty. This forum is a great help for us less experienced installers. I wish there was something like this for all products, it would make life much easier.

Your more then welcome riptide, and that's what the Bazooka Forum is for, helping Bazooka consumers and car audio enthusiasts, no matter what their experience level. :)47

riptide10x 01-07-2009 06:58 AM

Ok, I've got my 8100 installed with a good ground and hooked up to the factory cd/stereo with the Bazooka FAST-T-harness and Bazooka FAST-extension. Everything plugs in perfectly, but the Sub won't turn on. I checked the power with a volt meter at the end of the harness that plugs into the sub and it shows 12 volts, but the green light on the sub won't light. I tried adjusting the phase switch both ways and turning the volume knob on the sub up and down but I still get nothing. All the other functions of the radio work perfectly as before so I'm pretty sure the harness is good. When I called Crutchfield the guy said it might be something to do with the remote turn on lead. Any ideas?

heavyduty 01-07-2009 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riptide10x (Post 25990)
Ok, I've got my 8100 installed with a good ground and hooked up to the factory cd/stereo with the Bazooka FAST-T-harness and Bazooka FAST-extension. Everything plugs in perfectly, but the Sub won't turn on. I checked the power with a volt meter at the end of the harness that plugs into the sub and it shows 12 volts, but the green light on the sub won't light. I tried adjusting the phase switch both ways and turning the volume knob on the sub up and down but I still get nothing. All the other functions of the radio work perfectly as before so I'm pretty sure the harness is good. When I called Crutchfield the guy said it might be something to do with the remote turn on lead. Any ideas?

Hey riptide, the Crutchfield rep is correct, if you do not have a 12v turn on lead, then the green light or the sub will not turn on. The 12v turn on lead is also your key-on/key-off source, meaning it turns the sub on or off with the vehicle. Have you disconnected th auto-turn on loop by any chance?

http://www.bazooka.com/pdf/current/T...gualforweb.pdf