Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   ELA1300 Amplifier Problems (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4975)

cody bry 04-13-2008 06:15 PM

ELA1300 Amplifier Problems

Recently I bought a 10" bazooka tube and the ELA1300 Amplifier and I hooked it up today. Well after I installed it, it worked perfectly sounded great the whole works. Then after I was driving for a bit all of a sudden the sub stopped working and it was because the fuses in the amp had blown. I checked all the Wiring and nothing was grounded, however when i took all the wires except for the power and grounding cable off of the amp I ran a cable from the power to the Remote part of the amp and it blew the 2 new fuses I had put in. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is wrong? If this has happened before? If the amp itself is broke? Or is there a way to fix this. Thanks.

rainmanspl 04-13-2008 07:03 PM

Re: ELA1300 Amplifier Problems

I know you stated that you unhooked everything except the ground and power; but check and see if the sub has shorted. This is usually the cause of such failure of an amplifier. The amp may still be in warranty. PM CJ with the serial number and date of purchase. Also include information as to where it was purchased. Good luck and welcome to the Bazooka forum.:)47

cody bry 04-13-2008 07:37 PM

The Subwoofer is fine and not shorted, thanks for that tip I hadn't heard of that previously I did check it. Is there another certain way i should check it? I Purchased both the amp and sub as a package from Crutchfield.com and the Serial number
Amp: Q20A1l0048
Subwoofer : SAR0687323 I think that is the serial for the sub, not sure exactly. Its on the bottom of the box on one of the tags in bold. Where would i find this SN?

cody bry 04-13-2008 07:44 PM

The Subwoofer is fine and not shorted, thanks for that tip I hadn't heard of that previously I did check it. Is there another certain way i should check it? I Purchased both the amp and sub as a package from Crutchfield.com and the Serial number
Amp: Q20A1l0048
Subwoofer : SAR0687323 I think that is the serial for the sub, not sure exactly. Its on the bottom of the box on one of the tags in bold. Where would i find this SN?

rainmanspl 04-13-2008 08:03 PM

You should be in good shape then. Contact Crutchfield and get an RA. They are normally good about returns. Using a digital multi-meter (DMM) the sub should show around 3.6ohms if it is a single voice coil. 1.8 on DVC.:)47

cody bry 04-13-2008 08:06 PM

Thank you so much for all the help, and i did just re-test the sub and it is putting out sound, and the bass is hitting, so your saying that i should just return the amp altogether? Just Wondering and thanks again.

rainmanspl 04-13-2008 08:14 PM

I would return it. PM CJ or Kingfish and ask them if it is best to get an RA here or from Crutchfield. Just for the record, a failure like this isn't very common. Those amps are generally very reliable. Don't get discouraged.:)47

cody bry 04-13-2008 08:16 PM

Oh well i guess unlucky for me then, all i can say is that when it did work it sounded amazing so i have no bad thoughts just wondering why it gimped out on me haha, well thank you so much for all the help and uhm how do i PM CJ or King? Sorry haha new here...

rainmanspl 04-13-2008 08:24 PM

No problem. Just find one of their posts, click on the name, then click on "send this member a private message". CJ should have a post in this area. Kingfish is like a STD, he spreads himself all over.(ha ha) He would be the president of Bazooka.

cody bry 04-13-2008 08:28 PM

Thanks for all the help.