Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/index.php)
-   vBulletin Feedback (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How are things going? (http://www.bazooka.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4712)

sitedude 01-02-2008 06:49 PM

How are things going?

Hi All: Let me and Jon know if there are any problems you are encountering.

Thanks,
Brad

Kingfish 01-03-2008 08:28 AM

Re: How are things going?

Brad,
We are getting spammers posting **** ads and totally unrelated threads. Please look into a solution for eliminating this type of conduct. I have and will continue to simply DELETE these users and their respective threads, but that is time consuming. We don't want these guys in our community.
Thanks,
Jon

Kingfish 01-03-2008 09:20 AM

I have enabled email verification to at least slow them down. I know this will be an inconvenience to new users, but we need to deter random registrations for the purpose of preventing spamming.

Kingfish 01-03-2008 10:47 AM

Brad,
Another issue I noticed was that the "What's Going On" currently active users showed me as logged in, but I was not. I even cleared my cookies to see if that would change it, but that did not work either. Is that just a list of who is "Active" meaning recently posted or of who is currently logged in? If is is simply who recently posted, is there a way to show who is currently logged in?

Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Jon

rubicon 01-03-2008 05:17 PM

wow. glad to be back on. it just would not e-mail me back to change my p***word? finally tonight, after several attempts, it worked! new system bug's i guess. new format look's great!

sitedude 01-03-2008 06:02 PM

Hey Rubicon, yeah, it was an email configuration issue with the new software. Got it worked out about 3 hours ago...

rubicon 01-03-2008 06:10 PM

lol.....yea, i kind of figured there was something up. guess others had the same problem. glad you got it fixed. heck, i am going from web tv to this new dell insprion desk top. still learning every day about it!

rainmanspl 01-03-2008 09:12 PM

I finally made it back! Did I miss anything; such as a party, tornado, nuclear war? Sitedude, I was thinking the icons should show at the end or anywhere one would want. Is it possible?

sitedude 01-03-2008 09:19 PM

Hmmm, agreed, and it is set to allow in the backend. Actually went to my userCP and enabled this for this post :cool:, and now I can. As a non-admin, can you do the same? :o

Going to look into it further, see if we can default this.

Thanks,
SD

sitedude 01-03-2008 09:32 PM

Think I might have gotten it, but let me know. All, if you want to enable the advanced editor, go into your userCP > Edit Options > Misc. Options at the bottom of the page. Set the editor to "Enhanced Editing".

I also did a setting in the back end, that might default it from here on in - maybe just with new users, not sure.

Thanks,
SD :)